We’re looking for a larger than life musician/teacher to lead our parent and child music programs.
Monkey Rock Music is a fun, entertaining and creative participatory music program for young children and their adult caregivers. Our primary goal is to instil a love of creating and experiencing music that will last a lifetime. Nothing has a stronger impact on a child than enjoying an activity with the people they love. Monkey Rock Music class participants range in age from 0-4 years.
- High comfort level playing acoustic guitar (see below for details) There’s no wiggle room here – if you can’t play guitar, please don’t apply.
- A good singing voice
- Larger than life stage presence
- Outgoing, personable, nature; comfortable performing in any situation
- Clean police background check
- Experience working with young children
- ECE/Orff/similar training
- Broad knowledge of children’s songs
- Flexible schedule
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Access to a car
Though the material is very straight forward (mostly two and three chord songs), the demands of the classes require the teacher to be able to play on ‘autopilot’, focusing on the students rather than the guitar
$15/hour training; $30/hour regular classes
Birthday Parties – $100/45 minutes
Stage Shows – $150 and up for 1 hour
The position requires teaching classes Saturday mornings, with the possibility of adding more through the week. Though there is flexibility as to what days during the week, we’re looking for someone to work at least two or three mornings; full time could be an option.
There is also the option of performing at parties Saturday afternoons and/or Sundays, and the option of teaching some weekday afternoons.